News:

Register to access all areas...it's FREE!
Please update your bookmarks to www.papermodelforum.com
Let us know if something isn't working properly for you.

Main Menu

G'day.

Started by Mike1158, February 24, 2019, 01:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike1158

New here, lurked around other fori and watched a lot of builds learning lots.  I am ex British army, tanks mainly with a long term project based around the development of the armoured vehicle and all aspects that got involved around design including the politics which many fori do not get involved with.

Long story a bit shorter?  I am interested in the eintwickelungs series and how they fell away with the signs of reduced vehicle sizes on the Heer which would mean the 38D series being used as the common hull for smaller vehicles.  Slightly shorter.......  My experience of paper models so far (my own) is limited to a challenge when I was about eoght years old.  Here is a wrecked solid hull yacht, do something with it.  I made a hull by draping newspaper over the hull and making many layers, finishing with fibreglass resin.  It sailed after a fashion, despite left turns being better than right until my brother put it on the Thames where it sailed into the sunset or wherever it ended up.  I am hoping to make (Laughs with a MILD evil cackle) some armoured vehicles that do better and be a part of my thesis.  I hope not to bore anyone too much and look forward to seeing and learning a lot from people who have been there and done that.  Thanks folks.

Dave Winfield

DAVE WINFIELD - MY STUFF: WWW.DAVESDESIGNS.CA - MY SHOP: WWW.PAPERMODELSHOP.COM