News:

Register to access all areas...it's FREE!
Please update your bookmarks to www.papermodelforum.com
Let us know if something isn't working properly for you.

Main Menu

Mandatory (for any paper modeling forum) Polish member

Started by cotlet, April 10, 2012, 03:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cotlet

A paper modeling forum without a Polish modeler? Impossible! Time to change that!
Since you guys in Canada don't have their own Polish-born paperians, maybe the U.S. based one will do?

I've been a lurker almost since the conception of this place, watching with interest how this endeavor grows ...

Some of you may remember/recognize me from other modeling sites. With some I even butt-headed in the past (I promise NOT to use emoticons, Dave ;-)) . Paper modeling in this part of the world is simply too small to keep us away from sharing our passion for this hobby.

Anyway ... I guess, a few words about myself would be appropriate.

My first experiences with paper modeling are from my childhood and issues of Mały Modelarz. I don't remember I actually  finished any of those models. I was too young and too impatient. I forgot about the hobby for years, until 2009 when I accidentally found a blog post showing completed MM Kate. I was hooked immediately. I've been building paper models since then. I'm still learning the ropes and trying to find my way of modeling (with various results).
Cheers,
Tomek

Dave Winfield

Welcome Cotlet!
Glad you finally posted.
And yes, it is mandatory that we have at least one Pole!

This isn't specifically a "Canadian" modellers forum...although I have created the "Canadian themed Models Directory"
in an effort to get more Canadian interest from inside and outside Canada.

But Canada itself is a melting pot of cultures...especially here in Ontario...Polish are well represented here!
I am English myself...but I have lived the majority of my life in Canada.

Anyway, enough about culture...lets post some models!
DAVE WINFIELD - MY STUFF: WWW.DAVESDESIGNS.CA - MY SHOP: WWW.PAPERMODELSHOP.COM

Dave Winfield

Just a quick followup...Cotlet, I sent you a PM in reply to your kind letter.

I went back over to PM and looked up our past posts, to see where we knew each other from.
Sometimes I need reminders of those I piss off, or who piss me off! lol
Don`t worry, its all old news and water under the bridge.
I have bigger headaches than what transpired back then.
Time to move on I say!

cotlet

Glad to be welcomed! Thanks Dave.
PM somehow got lost, my inbox is empty... Must be my settings ...

So ... am I allowed to use emoticons? I remember you hated them, LOL.
Cheers,
Tomek

bomarc

Tomek! Long time no see my friend. Glad you could make it.

I think you'll recognize some names here.  ;)
- Mike

cotlet

Hi Mike! I'm assuming you're still busy at work, otherwise we could see your build threads popping up.
Yes, I see a lot of familiar faces. Small modeling world...
And who would think that Tappi is such a proliferate modeler? ;)
Cheers,
Tomek

Dave Winfield

sorry, Cotlet...I accidentally sent your PM to another member! LOL

anyway, all I said was that I couldn't honestly remember you
and that if we needed to discuss any past transgressions, feel free to voice your complaints.
(I do remember you now though, since I looked through some PM posts)

and if I had forgotten about you, it was probably because whatever transpired was not that important.
(That and the fact that I am older, my memory is failing, and I have bigger enemies than you! lol)

So, its all water under the bridge...

Vermin King

Man, I guess I need to go over there and dig through old posts ... LOL ... maybe not.

Welcome to the CutandFold Forum
There are no strangers in this world ...
Only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet

Tapcho

I say hi to you Tomek here too. You are very wellcome on my behalf too - this starts to feel like a small reunion. You should show here what you've been doing lately. Thanks for the compliment Tomek - I'm surprised too.   :P

BR Tappi

cotlet

Thanks guys!
My introduction wouldn't be full without showing you guys some of my models. I think a chronological order will be good to show you my progress as a modeler. From my first to the latest. If you guys are interested in any of these in particular I can post more photos in the Finished Models Gallery. The thumbnails below are clickable for higher resolution photos.

My first completed, Hurricane Mk. IIc (Modelik):

Then Ba-64b (Modelik)

T-40 (published by Orlik)

Bf-109 G5 (Kartonowa Kolekcja)

Brewster Buffalo Mk. I (Kartonowa Kolekcja)

P-39 D1 BE (KW Model)

Cheers,
Tomek

Tapcho

It's quite amazing to see how your build quality, techniques and overall expression have all developped in a series of just seven models, well eight if one counts the Skyhook at LSP. Brilliant dedication to master our art of paper modeling. Some of the models were new to me and I've never seen them all at one glance like this. Thanks and congrats to you. I like the weathering effect that you brought into your models.

BR Tappi