News:

papermodelforum.com is for all things paper model related.
Discussions are not limited to, or restricted by, our host Dave's Card Creations.
Feel free to share and discuss any model or designer here!

Main Menu

Hello from Central Fl

Started by snark, February 02, 2020, 05:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snark

Closing in on retirement and  trying to get back into making things for fun again (work is  fixing  things  other employees damage or cant  do) Not to good yet with paper models I'm still experimenting with  paper weight  and  glues. I also volunteer at the Air Force Museum at  Cape Canaveral  and  have  built several  paper  models to  use  in displays there

Dave Winfield

DAVE WINFIELD - MY STUFF: WWW.DAVESDESIGNS.CA - MY SHOP: WWW.PAPERMODELSHOP.COM

Vermin King

Welcome to the forum.  My guess is that you want to do more space-related models, or is it time for something else?

Whatever you choose to do, we are here to help
There are no strangers in this world ...
Only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet

snark

Space and  Missiles are  my  main interest but I  like a  bit of everything. We just got a  new  curator at the  museum and that will  make a  big  difference  in how  much  space/missile related builds I do as  under the  old  one  we  had a  case  we  would  change often with different  space  related themes and several  had  paper  models included, once I retire  I may  try to  do  one  just  of  paper  models.

Dave Winfield

I was there!!  (nice shorts! lol)

but did the USAF Museum exist at that time (1980)?
Apparently it did, I just don't remember much from that long ago.

snark

The  Museum  has been  there  in  one  form  or another  since the  mid 1960s the  big catch  has  been access. Depending  on security concerns the  museum  has  been  open to drive thru tours over the  years, the best times  for this were the  mid  90s  till 9/11 when  access was  completely  close to the  public.  Bus tours from KSC  have been available over the  years my  1st  trip there  was  a bus  tour   in the  early  80s which  is still available today. There  is now a facility  outside the  gate "Sands  History Center" named  for the General that got  the  museum  going. I can  post a weblink  or more  information just tell  me  where  it would best fit.

Dave Winfield

You can continue here, or maybe in the Off Topic section?
No worries.
Feel free to post an entire thread about the Museum and its exhibits.
There are plenty of paper modelers who are Space buffs and would be interested in anything you post.