News:

papermodelforum.com is for all things paper model related.
Discussions are not limited to, or restricted by, our host Dave's Card Creations.
Feel free to share and discuss any model or designer here!

Main Menu

New Member - Cam

Started by Cam, October 13, 2022, 03:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cam

Hello, my name is Cam.  I live in Ontario, Canada.  I have not constructed anything recently in paper modelling.  Several years ago, I built 2 Fiddler's Green airplanes.  They were not a success - all due to my limited skills.  My heart lies with the models from Gerry Anderson's "Supermarionation" shows.  In adulthood now, my favorite is "Captain Scarlet".  I would love to be able to model the Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle (SPV)  and the Maximum Security Vehicle (MSV) in card stock.  I'm trying to find an existing model of each as I am incapable of designing the parts myself.  Thank you and best wishes.

Dave Winfield

Well obviously I missed this post earlier...sorry for the delay...still in the middle of a computer upgrade and I'm not checking in the forum as often as I should.
Also not checking my emails...something I usually do!

Anyway, glad you found the place, and hope you do okay with the models.
Share your progress on the forum (if you want) and we can learn from your mistakes.
LOL just kidding.
We can help you if you get into trouble.

Best thing about paper models, is you can reprint if you mess up.
So, I guess you better buy a new Printer!

DAVE WINFIELD - MY STUFF: WWW.DAVESDESIGNS.CA - MY SHOP: WWW.PAPERMODELSHOP.COM

grafixrj

Greetings Cam,

From what you described it sounds as though you are still searching. If you click on KoolWheelz button and then click on SpaceCarz on the left side your search has ended. Not only will you find all three of Dave's wonderful Gerry Anderson KoolWheelz vehicles you mentioned, you will also find a bonus Angel Interceptor, an Eagle from Space 1999 and a whole lot more KoolWheelz vehicles in many categories.

Have a great day,
grafixrj

Vermin King

Quote from: Cam on October 13, 2022, 03:07:53 PM
Hello, my name is Cam.  I live in Ontario, Canada.  I have not constructed anything recently in paper modelling.  Several years ago, I built 2 Fiddler's Green airplanes.  They were not a success - all due to my limited skills.  My heart lies with the models from Gerry Anderson's "Supermarionation" shows.  In adulthood now, my favorite is "Captain Scarlet".  I would love to be able to model the Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle (SPV)  and the Maximum Security Vehicle (MSV) in card stock.  I'm trying to find an existing model of each as I am incapable of designing the parts myself.  Thank you and best wishes.

Welcome!  And I am the worst at aircraft.  I usually build three of something to get one that looks passable.
There are no strangers in this world ...
Only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet

gomidefilho

1/100 scale fanatic

peter taft

Quote from: Cam on October 13, 2022, 03:07:53 PM

Hello and WELCOME to the good ship PMF Dot Com. Good to have you here. Sounds pretty much that you are expecting too much of yourself. The Gerry Anderson vehicles are at most pretty complex shapes {a nightmare for designers} Break yourself in to the wonderful world of paper model building with something simple. Get used to all the cuts and folds, get used to how card stock reacts to these things. There isn't a 100% right way, but better ways to be found along the way. I too am a paper model enthusiast, and very much a Gerry Anderson Fan. I don't do much paper model stuff these days due to a condition called Pompholyx, if you look that up you'll see why, basically my hands go all strange with card handling too often. Anyways, Good luck with your builds and please do not hesitate to ask for help and advice here on our forum. There are some very talented guys here always willing to help. All the very best to you. Pete.

Dave Winfield

Quote from: peter taft on December 21, 2022, 04:12:27 AM

Hello and WELCOME to the good ship PMF Dot Com. Good to have you here. Sounds pretty much that you are expecting too much of yourself. The Gerry Anderson vehicles are at most pretty complex shapes {a nightmare for designers} Break yourself in to the wonderful world of paper model building with something simple. Get used to all the cuts and folds, get used to how card stock reacts to these things. There isn't a 100% right way, but better ways to be found along the way. I too am a paper model enthusiast, and very much a Gerry Anderson Fan. I don't do much paper model stuff these days due to a condition called Pompholyx, if you look that up you'll see why, basically my hands go all strange with card handling too often. Anyways, Good luck with your builds and please do not hesitate to ask for help and advice here on our forum. There are some very talented guys here always willing to help. All the very best to you. Pete.

yeah, what he said

billmcc

Welcome Cam!

I too haven't had much luck with Fiddlers Green airplanes in the past. Small models with no internal formers are difficult to build cleanly.

I am in the process of building one of Dave's AT6 Texans (my first 1/33 scale airplane) and it is coming together nicely. The model has internal formers and wing spars which is a big help in shaping the fuselage and wings. Also, Dave provides assembly photosets for many of his models, which I have found to be extremely helpful. You can find the photosets by clicking on the "How To Build" button on the left side of any page on Dave's Paper Model Shop website (https://papermodelshop.com/index.html). If you need more help, you can message Dave via this forum.

Dave Winfield

And look to the Modelers Reference section of this forum.
I have been trying to upload my photosets to my own server, and all the links are in there.