Author Topic: Greetings from the East Coast of MURICA!  (Read 56 times)

wopanese

• Kudos 1
Greetings from the East Coast of MURICA!
« on: November 15, 2022, 07:59:26 AM »
New to papercrafting - it all came about in a roundabout way.  I've been pressed by my friends to start running a Savage Worlds game... Haven't run a tabletop RPG since 1st edition ADnD DECADES AGO (yeah, old fart here) so I figured I'd do a One-Shot to get used to the system... then  decided I needed to run a test combat to get used to the system.

So I needed a MOOSE.

But I had no moose "figure flat"... so I searched for paper figures and paper models and would up in this whole world I never knew existed.

So now I'm making buildings and scenery and still no moose, but WHO CARES??!!  I found an EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle!  Who needs a moose?  My players are in more trouble than they bargained for now.  :)

Anyway, so THANK YOU for doin what you do!  And if I ever piece together something worth looking at, I'll post it or share a website (eventually thinking about setting one up)

Rock on!

Vermin King

• Administrator
  • Kudos 47
Re: Greetings from the East Coast of MURICA!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 10:12:31 AM »
Welcome!  I played around with the Raspera moose once, rescaling it to 30mm.  I wouldn't wish that build on anyone.

If you haven't discovered the OneMonk Downloads, yet, you should explore all the treasures to be found.  I would draw your attention to Vermin King's Labs, in particular.  And the Hoards.  I know I have an Irish Elk in there somewhere.
https://www.onemonk.com/downloads.html
There are no strangers in this world ...
Only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 81
    • Dave's Card Creations
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 07:53:45 PM »
A Moose?! lol
Yes, I live in Canada. No, I've never seen a Moose.

Welcome.

DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

wopanese

• Kudos 1
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 11:05:51 PM »
There's a weird long story about why I needed a moose...  :)

Thanks for the consideration - I'll take a looksee.  I threw together a figure flat, but a 3rd moose would be much cooler... 

I saw one big model of a moose - and if that's the one you built - yeah, that's WORK.  Way beyond my skill level (and patience) right now!  I'll check out the elk.  I could make it work!