News:

Register to access all areas...it's FREE!
Please update your bookmarks to www.papermodelforum.com
Let us know if something isn't working properly for you.

Main Menu

Hello from Nevada

Started by OldMiner, December 05, 2022, 02:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldMiner

Thanks for letting me join! I've recently started playing with paper and glue again, after a few years off from the hobby. I'm 75 (and I really am an old miner) and getting slower by the day, so this is a way for me to have fun without moving much.

This is my first stab at building a model for a while. It is a work in progress, obviously, but it is a good practice project for me. I started with the little Assay Office kit from the net and have been adding and modifying it.

More as I work on it.

Ken

Vermin King

Do you have a preferred scale?

You might like some of these?  http://maquettes-en-papier.fr/mes-creations.html
There are no strangers in this world ...
Only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet

OldMiner

Thanks!

That model is roughly 1:48 because I intended to make some buildings for a vintage Big Loader automated toy set. It is about 1:48 and the people fit nicely. This led to starting to build paper stuff again. I previously built quite a bit of wood and paper 1:24 stuff to go with my trains. That ended when we moved, I lost the room for the train layout. The 1:24 things have been relegated to storage for now. 

I want to stick with 1:48 (O scale) or HO scale since I have a ton of models and figures I built or bought for HO. Also, I can model in On30 or HO and use the bits I have.

The next build will be a Christmas gift for my son (who is a disabled Iraq war Veteran). It will be based around a 1:48 UPS Sprinter. We have a Sprinter that carries his wheelchair. I thought a house and garage and UPS delivery van would make a neat diorama.

So, either of those 2 scales, but I've figured out how to scale plans using a bit of software on my ipad. I only use the iPad, so it is rather limiting, but it works. I made a transparent 'scale' that I hold up to the screen before printing.
Ken

OldMiner

Wow, there are some neat models there, thanks again!  :)
Ken

Dave Winfield

Some fantastic models at Maquettes de Papier...you'll have fun with those.
If you can't find the right Sprinter van model, let me know. Maybe I can help modify something.

DAVE WINFIELD - MY STUFF: WWW.DAVESDESIGNS.CA - MY SHOP: WWW.PAPERMODELSHOP.COM

gomidefilho

Welcome and enjoy the forum!
1/100 scale fanatic